Speakers Bureau Information
need to know
Help educate your community about the case of Leonard Peltier by sponsoring an LPDC speaker. Each of our speakers is well versed in the case and most have a close connection to its history. Our speakers bureau consists of survivors and witnesses of the Pine Ridge "Reign of Terror," as well as professors, lawyers, and Indigenous Rights activists. Many knew Leonard Peltier as a free man. Each of our speakers has special knowledge and experiences to share with their audiences and can give a unique talk on the case. All speakers belong to the Leonard Peltier Defense Committee and are familiar with efforts underway to gain Leonard Peltier's release.
LISTING OF LPDC SPOKEPEOPLE
PROCEDURES AND REQUIREMENTS
responsible for costs involved in bringing a speaker to their area.
This usually consists of travel (a plane ticket and local
transportation), an overnight stay in a motel or hotel, and meals. If
a college is sponsoring the speaker, an honorarium of $500 - $1000 is
suggested. If it is a community event, no honorarium is expected,
although "passing the hat" or suggesting a donation at the
door to support Leonard Peltier's ongoing defense is always
encouraged. If it is a solidarity event, no honorarium is expected.
Sponsors are also responsible for picking the speaker up and dropping the speaker off at the airport, as well as getting the speaker to and from the event. Although the sponsor is solely responsible for the facilitation and publicity of an event, the LPDC is happy to help by posting the event on our list serve and by providing the names of supporters in the area who may want to help. We also request that the sponsor have a table for literature at the event, as well as a volunteer to staff the table.
Thank you for your interest in sponsoring an LPDC speaker. This form will expedite the process of confirming the speaker of your choice and it will aid in the facilitation of logistics. [Printable Form Here]
1. Name of individual or group wishing to sponsor an LPDC speaker:
2. Date(s) you plan to hold event(s):
3. Location of event(s):
4. Which speaker would you like to invite?
5. If that speaker is not available, who are your second and third choices?
6. How many people are expected to attend?
7. Is an honorarium available, and if so what amount?
8. Please list the name and phone # of the motel or hotel where the speaker will stay:
9. Please list the name and phone number (including cell, if available) of the person who will be picking the speaker up at the airport:
10. What is the goal/emphasis of your event?